If your child is in crisis and is at risk for hurting himself or others, you should get help right away by calling 911 or get help through the 211 Infoline and ask for emergency mobile psychiatric services (EMPS). EMPS works across the state of Connecticut and can assess a crisis or urgent mental health needs. In an emergency, you can also take your child to the local children’s hospital emergency department.