A PPT is a made up of certified and / or licensed professionals who represent:
- The child’s regular education teacher
- At least one special education teacher
- An individual who can interpret evaluation results (e.g., school psychologist)
- Administrative and pupil staff at the child’s school
- Parent (s) or caregiver(s) of the child
- Parent Advocate
- Other persons knowledgeable about the child’s development, academic achievement or functional performance
- If appropriate, the child.
At a PPT meeting, the group will discuss evaluation procedures and if the child is eligible for special education services, the child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) will be discussed. All team members participate equally in the decision making process.